Auction location: On Site
Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
Oozing with Character & Options
- 2 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
Situated in one of Canberra's earliest and most sought after inner north suburbs, this character filled home was constructed in 1953 on a large 967m2 corner block. Boasting sunny separate living areas, two kitchens and a floor plan that provides a multitude of options. Mature trees and shrubs shelter the front garden, which is well screened from the street offering you the perfect place to sit and enjoy a glass of vino after work on the front deck.
The interiors have recently been refreshed throughout, in neutral tones, along with a new second kitchen and en suite. To ensure your comfort all year round the home has a number of climate creature comforts such as full wall,ceiling and part floor insulation along with double glazing. It also has one Jotul heater, Jotul Gas heater, two split reverse cycle wall units plus an evaporative cooler!
The new kitchen offers induction cooking, built in dishwasher and an abundance of clever storage spaces. From here, you will enjoy one of the spacious living areas overlooking the front timber deck. This wonderful outdoor living and entertaining space is completely surrounded by a private garden which also provides shelter for a family of colourful parrots.
The generous master bedroom offers a peaceful retreat, a functional walk-in robe, along with a new en suite.
A large barn style shed is situated in the back corner of the block and was the original Allens Lollies Canberra storage facility, many years ago - it is large enough to house a number of cars and with a little rejuvenating would make an ideal home office or man cave.
This wonderful, central inner north location is only a short distance into Civic, Braddon, Dickson and the ANU. It is a short stroll to the local shops, oval and walking tracks, while many schools and Dickson College are also within an easy walk.
Homes of this era, oozing character such as this are rarely offered to the market and are snapped up quickly, so be sure to take the opportunity to inspect and make it your own!
- Large 967m2 corner block
- Freshly painted throughout
- Multiple separate living areas
- Meals area opens onto separate lounge room with wood heater
- Spacious master bedroom with walk in and new ensuite
- New second kitchen with electric induction cooking and built-in dishwasher
- Designer LED strip lighting
- Well planted rear garden has many mature, spring flowering shrubs and fruit trees
- Large two car lock up garage with workshop
- Solar panels , double glazing, wall & ceiling insulation
- Gravelled, off-street parking area
- Sought after inner north location, a short distance from Civic & Braddon & ANU
- Short walk to the local Ainslie & Dickson shops, schools, walking tracks & ovals
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
966m² / 0.24 acres
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.