SOLD PRIOR TO AUCTION - Welcome To Your New Country Home Kartano'
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 3 Cars
PLEASE NOTE - PROPERTY SOLD 6/7/18
Welcome to Kartano' - A truly tranquil country cottage situated on 14 acres (approx) in the ever sought after Hall Region, so close to Canberra. This is the perfect opportunity to pursue your rural lifestyle dream whether it be for the quiet rural lifestyle or hobby farm, no need to look further than Kartano.
Perfectly positioned on top of the rise in a parkland setting sits a cosy and charming country style cottage with the cliche picket fence and manicured gardens, so inviting it pulls on the heart strings.
As you walk into the home you can feel the warmth from the slow-combustion fire place burning away in the centre of the functional open plan living area. Just imagine yourself curled up in front of the fire reading a book enjoying your morning coffee taking in the view of the rural surrounds.
Spacious and bright, the open plan home provides the family with functional everyday living whilst also creating spaces for the kids to tuck away and play or parents to relax and read a book. For the cooking enthusiasts you will feel right at home in the spacious and functional kitchen with quality appliances, ample storage space, island bench and full view of the back yard and open paddocks.
Entertaining will be a delight at Kartano, with a covered outdoor patio fitted with PVC blinds so that even in winter you'll be cosy and warm! The backyard provides plenty of space for the kids and pets to play whilst still in your sight almost anywhere from the house.
The 14 acres of undulating land is a natural parkland setting with a mix of well established trees and open pasture.
There is ample water for stock, lawns and gardens, and the orchard which includes apple, cherry, peach, nectarine, plum, nashi, and persimmon. The licensed bore pumps to a large holding tank for irrigation. The property is divided into 6 paddocks with 2 dams and there is ample shedding including the large Australian barn shed with mezzanine floor.
- North-east aspect 180m2 approx of living
- Open plan floor plan offering multiple living areas
- Floating laminate floor boards
- Large formal living room
- Modern functional kitchen with quality appliances; Smeg oven & gas cook top, Bosch dishwasher
- Picturesque views of the mountain surrounds from all aspects of the home
- Reverse cycle air conditioner in living area
- Slow-combustion fireplace
- Venetian and roman blinds fitted throughout
- Four generous sized bedrooms
- Master suite with ensuite and bay window with views of mountain surrounds
- Ceiling fans to all bedrooms
- Segregated fourth/guest bedroom
- Built in robes to all bedrooms
- Linen cupboard for extra storage
- LED down lights fitted throughout
- Solar power feed to grid (5KW)
- Private garbage collection service to property
- Concrete entrance driveway
- Easy care gardens and lawns
- Double metal garage with power plus carport
- Vege garden plus chook yard and covered firewood storage
- Covered outdoor entertaining area
- Bioseptic system
- Internet is by satellite NBN
Property & Infrastructure Features:
- 5.44 HA 14 (approx) acres of rural lifestyle land
- Parkland setting with mix of established trees
- Auto front gate
- Concrete entrance driveway
- Large Australiana 3 door shed with mezzanine floor
- Good stock proof fencing
- 6 paddocks & 2 dams
- Licensed bore connected to large holding tank for garden irrigation and reticulated around the property
- Additional water tanks off house, garage and shed
- Single phase power
The ultimate rural lifestyle property, offering a great opportunity to make that move you've always wanted to but never have. Located a close commute to Canberra's CBD this is perfect for those looking to make that lifestyle change.
Contact Mark Johnstone today 0414 382 093 for an appointment to inspect or come along to our next open exhibition.
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Secure Parking
2 garage spaces and 1 carport space
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.