Spring has just begun and it's a great time to rediscover the outdoors. Here are five ways residents of Belconnen real estate can welcome in the new season.
1. Visit the Belconnen Fresh Food Markets. A change in season means there's a whole new range of fresh produce to enjoy. Spring is a great time to pick up strawberries, cherries or cucumbers.
2. Head out to Ginninderra Lake. September signals the start of warmer weather, perfect for donning the swimsuit and heading out into the water.
3. Run, walk or cycle along one of Belconnen's popular trails. Enjoy the views while working your way around Ginninderra Lake, trace the perimeter of Mount Rogers or head up the rocky slopes of Black Mountain.
4. Fire up the barbie. After working up an appetite on the tracks or in the water, take advantage of the barbecue facilities you can find along the shores of Ginninderra Lake. Enjoy the view while eating a picnic lunch in one of the parks on the waterfront.
5. Celebrate Floriade. Looking a little further afield, Belconnen residents can take the trip over to Canberra's Commonwealth Park to participate in Floriade 2013. For 26 years now, Floriade has been Australia's most iconic celebration of spring. See 1 million flowers in bloom and take part in a number of fun activities over September and October.